Please review fees and important information in preparation for your upcoming settlement.
|Settlement Fee (all inclusive†)||$975|
|Fee for each payoff beyond the first mortgage loan||$75|
Our settlement fee includes the following services:
- Title Examination / Abstractor
- Title Insurance Binder
- Tax Certificate
- Messenger / Fax / Copies
- Settlement/Closing fee
- Notary fees
- International Courier Costs (if applicable)
- Recording Service Fee (if applicable)
|Power of Attorney Document Preparation||$150|
|Simultaneous 2nd Trust Document Preparation Fee*||$300|
|Borrower Remote / Mobile Closing / Signing**||$200|
|Deed Transfer Preparation||$350|
- * An additional document preparation fee of $300 applies if you obtain a second mortgage (i.e., home equity line of credit) simultaneously with your transaction.
- ** IMPORTANT: Due to the numerous documents required to be signed by borrowers and the lender-imposed signature rules, borrower remote closings pose a significant risk to the borrower. Original wet-ink documents must be signed and returned to our offices no later than the date of closing. Additionally, a missing signature, initial, improper document date, or improper notarization would nullify the closing and require and re-scheduling of the closing date; the result of which may jeopardize the borrower’s timely performance under the terms of their loan commitment put them at risk of losing their interest rate lock. Note also that many mortgage lenders prohibit the practice of borrower remote closings/signings.
† PRICES APPLICABLE TO MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MD; PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY, MD; ARLINGTON COUNTY, VA; FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA; CITY OF ALEXANDRIA, VA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. ALL OTHER JURISDICTIONS, USE OUR [QUICK QUOTE].
Settlement fees are fixed, meaning they remain constant regardless of purchase price; however, settlement fees are not the only fees included in closing costs.
Consumers must also pay transfer & recordation taxes (buyer & seller, respectively) and a title insurance policy premium. These costs vary depending on the purchase price of your home. We encourage you to grab a Quick Quote today for an accurate and anonymous estimate of how much money you will need to bring to the closing table.
By law, it is the buyer’s right to choose what title company handles their closing. Shopping can save a homeowners who are refinancing thousands of dollars.
UPDATED 26 January 2022 | INFORMATION RELIABLE BUT NOT GUARANTEED