Important Info for Closing
Please review the following information for your upcoming settlement. If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
- All individuals intending to hold title to the subject property will be required to sign documents at closing, whether or not they are obligated on the new loan. Please be sure that all person(s) taking title are available for closing.
- Use of Power of Attorney (POA) is strongly discouraged. In those cases in which use of a POA cannot be avoided, please refer to this article on Power of Attorney. All POA forms must be reviewed and approved by our office in advance of settlement.
- Since the signing of numerous documents is required at closing, you are strongly encouraged to review the standard closing documents found on our website.
- You will be required to bring a cashier’s check/certified funds payable to Federal Title & Escrow Company. If you wish to remit funds via wire/electronic delivery, you may request wiring instructions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Read our wire fraud alert) The ability of our office to provide you with the exact amount (per the final Closing Disclosure) required for closing is dependent on receiving your mortgage lender’s final loan instructions. In the event we do not timely receive your lender’s final instructions and cannot provide you with an exact amount, you may bring the amount estimated by your lender and use a personal check, up to $1,000, for any remaining balance.
- You must provide a government-issued photo ID at the time of closing
- You should allow approximately 1 hour for closing.